10.6.08

Ready, Set, Study! Ready, Go. Ok, Now...

My roommates in college always knew when I had a big test because the house was spotless. I tend to clean when I'm looking for a reason not to study. Cleaning is a legitimate task and most won't argue with a spotless kitchen.

The problem this term was that I was exhausted before midterms even began. The problem is that I'm too tired to study OR clean. Now what? Well, thanks to the world wide web, I have developed a simple solution for effortless procrastination: Facebook. MySpace wasn't an option because, of course, I'm over the age of 16. And LinkedIn, I believe, is too sterile.

Yes, the modern working professional's answer to online social networking is also the answer to a much-needed break from endless articles on organization behavior (no offense, Renee).

Ben has also found new ways of effectively avoiding studying. He's figured out how to video conference with friends in Eugene (Hey, Eugene!). I think he was secretly happy to have a few kinks in the sound because then he had something to tinker with instead of opening the books.

If I have to take test, the one's I prefer are the ones we make up on our own. Like testing to determine the best micro-ginger ales. Or testing for skill during monthly game nights. Those are much more fun to study for.

6 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Hmmmm I can try and give you some words of inspiration and motivation...but honestly "I dont got none". Oh wait, I just thought of something " You CAN Do it!" Hopefully that will help motivate. Luv ya

 
At June 13, 2008 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. nothing modivational here... but I do want to know which one of the micro ginger als won???
Hang in there kids... as Heather said... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Love ya, Mom C.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Jenica Cogdill said...

Natural Brew. Their root beer is good, too.

 
At July 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM , Blogger A, M and S said...

Hey, I can't believe you would put down OB articles. Well, who am I to talk, I just got back from 3 days at girl scout camp! Good luck studying. I think the Nike slogan "Just Do It" or Pres. Kimball's "Do It" are perhaps the most appropriate here.
R

 
At July 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Jenica Cogdill said...

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the OB article, but, everything in moderation! :)

 
At August 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Jean said...

Hey Girl, so I understand from a little bird, that your done for a little while with school! Woo Hoo! So, how does that feel? Actually have a little breathing time? In.... out.... yep that's how it's done... same ole, same ole. Have some fun. We are looking forward to seeing you guys in a little less than a month! Luv ya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home