27.10.07

What was I thinking?

The probability that it will be a sunny, warm day in the Northwest AND a Saturday is maybe 2%. And, of course, today is that day. I'm locked inside my condo studying for two exams I have this week.

One of which is a bonus exam for statistics. I took the real thing last week but because I did so poorly, my professor is giving me - and the others who scored below the mean - a second chance. An extra credit exam should be the good news, but, because I also have to complete a gazillion hours worth of other work to be ready for class this week, it kind of a drag.

This whole going-back-to-school thing sounded like a good idea two months ago. I didn't realize how mentally out of shape I am or else I might have reconsidered. The real absurdity of the situation is when it's 9:00 p.m. at night and we begin crunching numbers in class, which doesn't let out until 10:00 p.m. This stuff is tricky as it is but at that time of night...its near impossible to comprehend.

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2007 at 9:12 PM , Blogger A, M and S said...

Ah, returning to school does have such a romantic alure, doesn't it? Best of luck with the tests. I love statistics, or at least I did 10 years ago before my managerial style changed substantially to crisis management.
R

 
At November 1, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Melisa said...

Wow I sure dont enevy you at all! Good luck on your tests!

 
At November 2, 2007 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Jenica Cogdill said...

Now, come on, it's only a crisis when your staff hasn't had proper naps. ;)

Actually, the statistics are starting to be applied to tangible, usable situations so I'm liking it much better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home